RE: Roush Crate Engine in Tiger

To: RMEbstein@aol.com, tigr260@comcast.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Roush Crate Engine in Tiger
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:13:17 -0400
Rodney;

You said:

"The one thing I've been told by a few people is that with the 342's or

anyone's 347 (.030 overbore) engines that there will be regular oil loss
due to
the long rods and short pistons and cylinder walls. This is why I'm
considering
the 327R. One of my minor issues is that they will not divulge their
proprietary  camshaft spec info............"

This is very interesting news. I have an old thick-wall 289 bored and
stroked to 331 cu.in. It was put together to close - even tight -
tolerances, yet it uses oil. Can't see it in  the exhaust, but I have to
keep it topped up.

This could be the reason!

Thanks for the idea.

Dave