Re: Tim's Engine

To: Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tim's Engine
From: RMEbstein@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:18:34 EST
Tim,

I love the engine. How many miles to you have on the engine so far? By the
way, I was the one on the List that mentioned the potential oil  leakage from
347's. I was informed by a couple of engine builders that this  condition may
or may not exist in 347's due to the long rods/stroke and the  short pistons
and short cylinder walls in 302's. I further assumed that   notching the
cylinder wall at the bottom of each cylinder on a standard 302  block was
required
and that would acerbate the potential problem.

Also, while the TFS cam is neither small nor large, I would have  expected
the HP to peak at or near the 6,000 rpm level. Do you think your HP is  being
limited by the carb (which wasn't mentioned) and Edelbrock Performer  RPM
intake?

Rodney