RE: Tim's Engine

To: "'RMEbstein@aol.com'" <RMEbstein@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: Tim's Engine
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:30:47 -0500
Rodney,

The engine has about 4000 miles on it over the last 3 years. The carb is not
likely the reason for a limitation in that it is a Holley 750 with a Proform
milled venturi (choke Removed) and billet metering plates. The intake is
probably the limiter though. Unfortunately too many people look at PEAK
power and not AVERAGE useable power. I built the engine to be specifically a
torque monster and with 300 lb.ft from 3000 to around 5500 it works pretty
good. If I wanted more peak I would have used a single plane manifold like a
victor jr. or perhaps even a Torquer and a wilder cam and better springs but
then .... You bust parts driving to the beach ... not fun. The bigger point
is that the single plane manifolds do not fit under the under the hood of a
Tiger so ... NOPE.

Overall given the package constraints of the Tiger I used what I felt was
the best combination of bits to achieve my power vs reliability vs budget
constrainsts.

I seem to recall my total cost for all work and bits was around $6800 but
included acquiring ALL of the Tiger specific bits.

One thing many people forget that is a good HP builder is the effects of
windage in the crankcase ... buy a good pan and pick up 10-18 HP.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak

Business Development Manager

Akzo Nobel Coatings

23961 Via El Rocio

Mission Viejo, CA   92691

Off: (949) 305-5393

Fx: (425) 955-6268

Cell: (949) 289-3357

email: timothy.ronak@akzonobel.com

VM: (800) 234-6747 ext. 2257#

This message, including attachments, is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete
and destroy the original message and all copies. You should not copy,
forward and/or disclose this message, in whole or in part, without
permission of the sender.

  _____