Re: Labeling situations

To: "Steve Laifman" <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: Labeling situations
From: "bob josten" <bobjosten@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 17:42:26 -0700
I understand how someone can make a bunch of 'new' vin tag blanks but how
are the buyers of these blanks going to try and fake the punched numbers and
letters? That part of the process seems the most difficult.
Isn't the punch typeface an odd size and font?

I always imagine someone buying one of these tags off of ebay, spending
countless hours figuring out the best way to approximate the punched vin
information and then as they pop the hood for the first time at a club event
they get the question 'wow, where did you get that fake vin tag?' before
they can finish propping open the hood.

Bob