Re: Dana 44 seal question

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, "Jen/Scott" <jsloan798@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Dana 44 seal question
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 10:57:39 -0700
Scott,
   I got my seal at Sunbeam Specialties. You will have to pull the
driveshaft flange off to replace it. Thought it is probably hard to do, be
careful removing/have removed the flange as the pinion is potentially no
longer in correct mesh with the ring gear. Often the press fit will hold
everything where it needs to be, but there is a chance that if rotated the
pinion can bite into the ring gear. You never know with Tiger parts whether
they will just slip off or require extreme hydraulic force to remove! Common
sense of the situation I'm sure is sufficent.
Tom Witt