Re: Steering Column

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, "MSN" <w_pierzga@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Steering Column
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 11:16:13 -0700
Wayne,
  My Stepfather used to sell electrical panel equipment. Over the years he
aquired many interesting things. When he past away I got the bulk of his
"garage possessions." One item that I'm still not sure what it was is a
bellowed rubber piece that is nearly the Tiger column size on one end and
the narrowed down tip I cut to fit the tapered end of my early Tiger
steering shaft. A hose clamp keeps it tight to the column and the slight
tension from the bellows keeps it effective against against dirt and
moisture on the shaft (greased on the inside edge). It was made by Arrow
Hart if anyone has a clue.
  I'll probably never find another one so thanks for your heat shrink idea.
I'm sure the day will come when you "one size fits all" idea will be needed
by me.
Tom Witt