RE: Vanity Plates.

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Vanity Plates.
From: "Stephen Jones" <joness@wsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 15:08:53 -0700
I'd go with year of manufacture (YOM) plates.  They look real nice and
aren't that big of deal in most states.  Vanity plates are fine but YOM
plates can give the car a nice original look.  Most antique stores have
nice pairs for 20 to 100 bucks depending on condition.  Just get the
right year and check out the state's DMV page on how to do it.  The
people at the DMV counter will be clueless and probably rude so you need
to know what you are doing ahead of time. Collectors are also a good
source.  Be warned many plate collectors can be a bit more loopy than
your average car guy.

jones, B9470867

>Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 16:55:24 EDT

>From: PhastPhill@aol.com

>Subject: Vanity Plates.

>I hope to get my car "legal" tommorow. That brings up the license plate

>issue. How about some suggestions for a"Tiger" plate. Realizing of
course that

>tiger itself is prob gone. We can use up to 8 characters and I and 1 on
our