Re: Vanity Plates.

To: Stephen Jones <joness@wsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Vanity Plates.
From: Jim Sencindiver <jd.sencindiver@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 07:51:56 -0400
I, too, have Year of Manufacture plates on my Mk II Tiger.  Bought the
plates on eBay. Had no trouble with the Virginia DMV, but that might
be due to the fact that my Dad was the DMV Deputy Commisioner for
about 12 years before he retired.  All my other vehicles have vanity
plates:  JDS-1 on my 97 Bonneville SSEi, A 111 on my 2004 Grand Prix
GTP Comp G, and JDS TIGR on my 99 Tacoma 4WD Pickup.

A 111 is actually a holdover from before Vanity plates were available;
the lower the number, the more important you were (or you knew someone
that was important), since the Governor has 1 on his plates.  The JDS
TIGR plates were obtained for the day when I get my Tiger restored and
license it as a regular car, instead of an antique.

Keep on Tigering!

Jim Sencindiver
B382100451/TAC 448
http://www.tigersunited.com/car_show/sencindiver_j/default.asp