RE: mechanical secondaries

To: "Travis Hall" <tigerboy65@hotmail.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: mechanical secondaries
From: Rob Guerra <tiger351w@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 08:02:24 -0700
At 07:17 AM 5/7/2005 -0400, you wrote:

>I know this subject has been beat to death, but here's my two cents.
>
>Avoid mechanical secondaries at all costs.

I'll have to disagree.... what happens when at WOT the vacuum secondaries
start to surge .... or worse yet stick open!  I had both of these problems
with a Holley street avenger 650cfm.  I switched - like many others to a
Demon with mechanical secondaries.

Just the other side of the coin

Rob

66 Sunbeam Tiger (351 W)             64 Sunbeam Tiger (HiPo 289, Lord
Rootes Winner 2001)
65 Sunbeam Alpine (Rotary)       67 Mustang Fastback          98 Mustang
Cobra  # 4973

7 Month Tiger Restoration:
http://tiger351w.home.comcast.net

My Mustangs:
http://bomber441.home.comcast.net/mustangs.html

Our New Garage Project
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=779464&username=texacogal

Restored 1953 Henry J Corsair - On Display at Oakland Museum
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=3434029&uid=528294