mechanical secondaries

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: mechanical secondaries
From: 65Tiger@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 02:55:12 +0000
Carb gurus,

After years of adjusting, rebuilding and tweaking my Holley 1850, I am ready
for a change.  I'm thinking of going to a carburetor with mechanical
secondaries.  The primary reason is that the vacuum secondaries are coming in
too late and I'd like to have more power sooner.  I realize there are ways to
adjust the 1850 to come in sooner but I'm beyond frustrated with this
carburetor for several reasons.
Holley's website states that mechanical secondaries are suitable for light
cars.  Do any owners out there have mechanical secondaries and a recommendation
for a good 600 cfm carb?  I'm considering Demon and Holley.
My goals are a daily driver, good performance, low and midrange HP,
reliability, economy is not important, a choke is not required (I will not
accept an electric choke), a good idle is desirable.  The motor is a crate 302,
F4B intake, B303 cam, GT40 heads, 1.7 rocker arms, CAT headers.

Recommendations?
Curtis Fisher
B9470844