Re: Tonneau cover

To: PhastPhill@aol.com, rande@thecia.net, tigers@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Tonneau cover
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 10:05:22 EDT
There is an old CAT tech tip about using longer studs
in the back.  If you have a vinyl boot this allows you to
snap the tonneau over the snapped down boot cover.
Yes it may put a little extra strain as you snap it over
the longer stud, but my original tonneau seems no
worse for wear.  The studs are available from any
boat shop.  The are called double studs.

When I replaced my dash pad I used a very sharp
needle to find the snap holes.  I used the old pad
as a template and then probed with the needle
until I located the hole.  Worked great.  Missed
only one by just that much (to quote our fearless
leader Don Adams).  If you miss, the small needle
hole is easily filled with armorall or the used
dash crud.

Dave Johnson