dip sticks / caps

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: dip sticks / caps
From: Rollright@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 13:01:19 EDT
Hello,

Thanks to all that contacted me on and off the list.
I'm now convinced that when our cars were new, the dip stick came with a  top
cap located just below the loop at the top and had a fiber washer inside. A
local Tiger owner with the most original car I've ever seen took a long
careful  look and reported the above extra detail. Also heard from Dr Moonstone
on
the  subject with regards to a very special lo-mile unit he checked and
corroborated  the cap.

Where did most of them go? One of the reporting listers stated that he had  a
dip stick with a cap on it that slid up the loop handle and could come  off
quite easily. Something wears out, (perhaps the fiber washer? ) and as  Jackie
Gleason used to say, "away we go".

Report on correct replacement dip sticks is bad news. Unobtainable.

If any of you has an  source idea on a stick one could buy to rob the  cap, I
can report that there are a number of listers that would appreciate  hearing
about it. John's & 'stang's Unltd. haven't been able to help.

Thanks to all,

Jim  Armstrong
_Rollright@aol.com_ (mailto:Rollright@aol.com)
Mk1A  382002083