Re: Hardtop Colors

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hardtop Colors
From: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 13:06:35 -0700
I didn't say you couldn't get one in white. I said the factory would
supply a hard top matched to the car's color, no matter what it was, if
you ordered it at the same time you ordered your car.

For some reason my last post didn't get to the list where I quoted the
language from the brochure I still have when I bought my new Series V
Alpine. It says the hard top could be had in the same color as your car.
Since that didn't post to the list, here's a further quote, from my
Sunbeam Tiger V8 sales brochure, Rootes catalog # 1/95/60, that I am
reading as I type this, from the back page "Specifications of the
Sunbeam Tiger V8" , under color schemes: "Hard Tops are available in
body color if fitted during production as an optional extra".

So, not only the sales manager told me this was the case, he showed me
this was the case by showing me that reference in the two factory
brochures he gave me at the time, both of which I still have and prove
my point.

Maybe the Chrysler/Rootes sheet you show below came late in the game,
when they weren't making any more new Alpines or Tigers.

Steve Sage