Oil Pressure

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Pressure
From: "Randal J. Zimmermann" <zimme008@umn.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 15:48:24 CDT
I'm trying to get my Tiger on the road before summer's end after a lengthly
restoration.  I recently started the rebuilt 260 and while it ran somewhat
well, I didn't want to keep it running because I was only getting about 15
lbs pressure to show on the oil gauge.

I've checked the gauge lines to be sure the connections are tight and I've
inspected the engine for possible oil leaks but all seem to be tight.  I've
checked and rechecked to be sure the distributor cam is engaged with the
oil pump and all seems to be as it should.  I expect that if the oil pump
wasn't working I wouldn't see any pressure at all.  I've put in Mobil One
but I doubt that would effect the pressure.

Any suggestions as to other sources of the problem?  Am I being too
paranoid?  Thanks.

Randy Z.
St. Paul, MN