RE: Tiger for sale

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Tiger for sale
From: Theodore Brown <tbrown@midcoast.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 09:45:53 -0400
As has already been pointed out, the year assigned to a Tiger is often
related to when
the car was first registered, not when it was built and is often up to the
manufacturer.
I have an "official" 2002 Subaru Impreza which I purchased in the spring of
2001.  Go
figure.  My Tiger, which came off the assembly line in late August of '66,
according to
Norm, and was purchased by me in early October of that year in NY state,
was registered
as a '67.  It's a late MkIA, B382002384LRXFE.  For those in the know and
access to
Norm's records (thanks, Norm), this is one mystery that is easy to
solve.  But these
questions become more and more important as our cars appreciate.  I'm
beginning to
worry a little about taking mine out.  Maybe I should sell it and buy a new
Mustang or WRX!....
Naaah!
Cheers,
Tod