Re: Ebay parts book

To: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>, Tiger Group
Subject: Re: Ebay parts book
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 07:48:31 -0700 (PDT)
Rande- Thanks for the post. I read that auction last
night and decided they where using the books they
have(Im sure they are a salvage yard)and copying them,
then selling the copies. A good printer and enough
time to seperate the pages etc, by a lower paid
employee would turn a tidy profit for the parts place.
PLUS they are overcharging on shipping. Making more
profit when shipping is an insult to me and I
personally refuse to bid some items, even if I wanted
or needed the item, just because the seller profits on
shipping. I will use Mr. DeAmileo (spelling) for an
example. Jim is a long time member of Te/AE and he has
auctions for Beam parts on ebay often BUT his shipping
is always at cost, perhaps rounded to the nearest
dollar but he doesnt attempt to profit from his fellow
Beam friends, just offers us parts that are sometimes
very hard to find elsewhere. I would buy from him and
encourage others to do likewise and I would not buy
from the britshparts place that has the parts book
copied and offered at a riduculous starting price. Of
course this is all just my opinion, in my head, which
is full of opinions, just ask. Enjoy your day. Drive a
Sunmbeam. TTT