Re: Motor mounts

To: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Subject: Re: Motor mounts
From: sosnaenergyconsulting <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 17:14:39 -0700
Tim:
Thanks for the article.  When your response arrived, I had already
installed the mount, though there were other things that needed doing,
so it was only today that I got the car running.  Checked it, and it
looks like the brand new passenger side mount is already starting to
delaminate.  AAARGH!
I'll keep an eye on it, but I'm already thinking of buying another mount
and using the tech tip you sent.  This is ridiculous--I've got about 220
h.p., so the mount should be just fine.

As well, your advice last year about NOT installing the single-piece oil
pan gasket was also right on.  Unfortunately, I'd already installed
that, and the engine before I thought to ask.  (at least this time, I
asked in advance--just not far enough) And in order to drop the pan,
I've got to drop the crossmember as well, so it's something I've been
stalling on, while the oil continues to drip.

I'm definitely going to have to start asking these questions further in
advance :-)

Thanks again, Tim for your help!
Best Regards
David