RE: GT40P heads and Tigers

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: GT40P heads and Tigers
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:36:43 -0600
Just so we're all on the same page...
There is good information on the basic differences between the standard
'88-93 Mustang 5.0 (E7TE) head and the GT40 and GT40P heads, at this site:
http://www.themustang-net.com/tech_articles/gt40p.shtml
The updated link to Sean Meldrum's article is
http://www.stangpro.com/html/articles/gt40p_files/gt40p1.htm

Given that the Tiger headers are made to (mostly) fit the tight confines of
the engine bay, it would be lucky if they also happened to clear the GT40P's
plug locations on all eight cylinders. I don't have a set of GT40 or GT40P
heads, so I can't make the measurements that are of most concern to Tigers:
The overall height, which influences whether or not the valve covers can be
removed (or if they'll hit the firewall), and whether or not Tiger headers
and/or exhaust manifolds will fit them. I'd be interested if anyone was able
to get these measurements. The E7TE head is for all intents and purposes
externally identical to the 260/289 heads.

Thanks and best regards,
Theo