Re: Tiger Breakdown?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tiger Breakdown?
From: "Tony Someone" <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 00:46:33 -0500
I was fortunate enough or to silly to know better but during almost all of
the late 70s and until 1985 my two Mk1a Tigers where my main means of
transportation. I have no idea the miles I logged but I drove to WVa from
southern IL. and back and southern IL to Missouri many weekends and
back.During all those many miles I had my share of problems but the worst
where the servo eating brake fluid and later the servo not releasing the
brakes, the generator was a problem more than once but after I quit buying
them from junk yards and purchased a new rebuilt unit I ended my charging
problems. The only other problem I had was the water pump went out a couple
of times but I was lucky enough for it to be on the half way part of my trip
and I was able to replace the pump both times prior to returning to Mo.If
you carry several spare parts you are bound to need something but if you
just carry your tooth brush and a couple changes of clothes you will never
brake down. And if you believe that I do have some great property in a
remote area just north of Bagdad, great vacation spot. Let me know if you
are interested in the property or a really rusty generator.