Re: Engine removal...

To: Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine removal...
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 15:54:15 -0700
It has been a lot of years since I pulled the engine for my Tiger. But
when I was doing it, I did it a LOT. Here is what I did, by myself, no
help. Remove hood. Remove radiator, fan, water pump, and accoutrements.
disconnect headers. remove the intake manifold. Hook onto the engine
hoist. Gently lift the engine load enough to remove the motor mount
plates. Lower the engine a bit. Reach over the top and take out the top
2 bell housing bolts. Crawl under the car and take out the other three
bolts. Hoist the engine a bit and put blocks or jacks under the tranny.
wiggle the motor loose for the bell housing dowl pins. Hoist it up while
turning it a bit to the left. pull out, set on dolly. Elapsed time on a
good day, 1.5 hours, bad day add another hour. Today, it might be
different, as I am now officially a geezer and my bones creak a lot. I
have one of those fancy hoist slings which allow cg changes during lift.
So I am goiing to pull the whole enchilada out through the top. I did
this with my kids explorer and that was by myself and only a couple of
hours to put it back in and hook up.

mayf, out in pahrump