Re: Winterizing the Tigers/soft top question

To: stubrennan@comcast.net, v8sunbeamtiger@hotmail.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Winterizing the Tigers/soft top question
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 21:50:15 EDT
In Vermont I either leave the top up or down wherever it happens to be at the
end of the season.  The past 4 years it has been  down.  As Stu says, in
these colder climates the tops seem to last for quite  a while.
I also add fuel stabilizer, add gas to the tank to be sure that everything is
mixed  and then run the car to be sure that the stabilized gas gets to the
carb.  Then I pull the battery, put it in the cellar and put it on a "battery
tender."  The last battery lasted 12 years with this procedure.  I have a cover
to throw over it to keep the dust off.
And....I have purchased little 4 wheeled skates that go under each wheel.
The car gets  pushed sideways to the front of the garage and I still have room
to park another car behind it.  The skates are a life saver.
Mark L.