Re: Vo!vo Hi-Po Flex Fan For Your Sunbeam Tiger/Ford V8

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vo!vo Hi-Po Flex Fan For Your Sunbeam Tiger/Ford V8
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 09:04:14 -0800
>Vo!vo Hi-Po Flex Fan For Your Sunbeam Tiger/Ford V8

> One of these on e-bay. Has anyone used one of these? This must be a rare
> find, a $10.00 pick-a-part fan for only $75.00 +  ship.

 I've got three of these. I paid $7 a piece for them. I guess that makes me
an investor. With good motor mounts they don't need to be trimmed. They
don't need the center hole drilled for the stock Tiger hub configuration. In
fact the hole is a bit oversize. Twisting the pulley and the fan in opposite
directions while someone else tightens the bolts centers the fan on the bolt
holes.
   I see the MGB  steering arms (always available, not sure if they ever
sell) are being offered at $50 on ebay. I get these at Pick A Part for $3
each. Go figure.
 Did anyone see the BON at $609 with a number of days to go? Let's see, I
think there were 1000 copies made at the current $600-$800 price range...
well... Norm could have bought himself a 2 bedroom 900sq.ft. home in a
marginal neighborhood here in So.Cal. if things had gone in his favor. :-)
Tom