Re: Horns

To: wwwdg@webtv.net, tigers@autox.team.net, jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk
Subject: Re: Horns
From: Rollright@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:45:24 EST
Thanks for the info and sorry about the typo 1800578 is indeed correct.

But, the question remains, what model "Hooter" were they and were they the
same as Alpines. And what other cars were they used in. More on this below.

By the way, you might wonder what all this is about...........

Working original horns are essentially unobtainable from current Sunbeam
parts suppliers and they are, people, a "consumable" item. Yours WILL stop
working
at some point. Then the only possible solution, unless we can cross them with
another Mark/brand car that used them, is to drill out the rivets and attempt
a repair.

If we knew more about the "Clear Hooter, Ltd." company, perhaps we could do
some backwards chasing that way, but Googling so far hasn't worked (except for
an obscure industry study). Seems like Triumph used them but which model horn?

Seems like a small thing but to people that use their car and want them
totally original, some things are getting tough to find. Any help adds to the
Sunbeam database.

Jim Armstrong
rollright@aol.com
Mk1A #382002083