rear end, manifold, and engine

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: rear end, manifold, and engine
From: "Richard" <rcsphx@qwest.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 07:07:58 -0700
Greetings all,

I have just put the hard top on the MkII for the "winter" and with the lack of
wind noise I am noticing noise form the rear end.  How to describe it? Not a
low rumble, not a high whine, more like a mid range growl.  Varies with road
speed and there is plenty of fresh fluid. Is this a typical sound or should I
be really concerned?

There was a discussion last week about intake manifolds and the difference in
4 barrel LAT manifolds and the standard Ford ones, that mainly being the temp
sensor threads. I have a 4 barrel on the MkII which has a Ford #  C5AE-9425-M
and it has the correct sensor threads for the Smith sender.  It was put on the
car by the PO over 15 year ago. and I was just wondering where it may have
come from?

Several weeks there was a discussion on engine numbers.  I can not find any
numbers on the block.  Can someone tell me exactly where to look for any of
the engine numbers?

Thanks
Richard