Re: storage

To: laurin212@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: storage
From: PhastPhill@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:35:52 EST
We used to put the farm machinery away for the winter by warming the  engines
up, then at fast idle pour oil in the carb until it started smoking.  Then
pour more till the engine died. Our stuff lasted for many years, that oil  was
everywhere inside the motor. Clean the plugs in spring and the stuff always
started. Used to plug all inlet and exhaust openings to keep out the mice. Our
old Ford tractor we bought in1948 is still going, just put the blade and the
chains on it for winter Now we use engine storage spray, not sure the oil was
not better, sure cheaper....cheers...phil