Re: storage

To: tonythetiger@onecliq.net
Subject: Re: storage
From: "Joey Hiykel" <v8sunbeamtiger@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 20:54:07 -0600
yea, i have the battery unhooked right now, but it is still in the car. The
car is covered, and is inside. I have added Sta-Bil to the gas, but i havent
ran the car with it. The snow came too fast and too early. So far this week
we have had 4-6 inches in a few weeks. It just snowed last night, and i made
about 110 dollars today. Which is pretty good, since it didnt snow very
much.

But onto the subject. I think i have convinced my dad that we arent going to
start the car and just let it be. So right now, i cant wait to drive it. I
watched my tiger movies from differant clubs last night. I have some
mothballs inside. And i washed and waxed the car right before we put it to
hibernate, so it is clean. There is about 9-10 gallons of gas in it. So that
should be good. Lets see what else is there..........I dont know how well
the fan is going to work with my g-ma. She dosnt like to have things running
when shes not around.

I think im gonna go get the battery before i go home tonight,

so any more tips would be good.

Thanks tony.

>From: "Tony Someone" <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
>To: "Joey Hiykel" <v8sunbeamtiger@hotmail.com>, <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
>Subject: Re: storage
>Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 18:47:48 -0600
>
>Joe- you might consider what plan you have for your battery, since its
>pretty new you might want a tender or a small trinkle charger on a timer,
>perhaps bring it inside or at least remove it from the car and clean all
>the area well in case of any water landing on the indside after it was in
>or on the battery. There is all kinds of things to do to the engine, from
>adding oil in each cylinder to just cleaning the car up and fixing it so it
>can breathe, stay dry and as warm as is permissable. A fan blowing on the
>car the whole winter keeps moisture from forming where the air is blowing.
>I have an older buddy I use to ride Harleys with and he puts a fan on his
>scoot every winter and it never has any spring time rust. Im not sure if
>anyone mentioned it but if you dont run the carb MT or add some gas
>stabilizer to the gas and drive it enough that it fills the carb, then
>consider what your plan is for the fuel syestem. Im hoping to get my car
>cleaner than it was the last time it was driven and the soft top up in a
>warm shop and then remove the main tension so the top is close to the UP
>location but not have the latches closed. My thought is to relieve the top
>from a stored position but not have it so tight that it shrinks in cold
>temp. Just my way not a proven idea tho.. Joe if  I know you, I bet you
>will want to drive that car as soon as the salt is gone, so your winter
>might end with the forcast of an early spring. Good luck to you and
>everyone on the LIST and an early M>Xmas to All   TTT

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee.