Re: re- tiger like vw

To: "Bruce" <brichards@fineeyes.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: re- tiger like vw
From: "Tony Someone" <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 14:24:21 -0600
The hemi powered Sprite is quite impressive when you consider a Father and
Son, Do It Yourself project. Its to bad Chrysler couldnt figure a way to
have saved the Tiger by using a hemi engine, since it is obvious they hated
selling a Ford powered "anythng". Of course they did not have todays
techknowledege and Corvettes didnt have the independent suspension and who
would have thought about low profile tires on 18inch whels. I will always
own my Tiger unless Im forced to sell it to save a child from a desperate
health issue or some other family disaster so Im not thinking about looking
for a Sprite shell or a hemi engine for an Alpine shell BUT I bet the car we
all looked at will be an extreme blast to drive and although we know our
Tigers and fast Alpines are slepers in any sense of the meaning, just
imangine pulling up beside of a Sprite, thinking you will have some fun with
the driver and his 4 cylinder and he stays right with your Tiger and just as
you decide to downshift and blow him away, he reverses the role and leaves
the Tiger driver wondering if his engine blew up or the drive shaft fell
out, what other thought would go thru his head, since all Tiger owners( up
until now) know a Sprite wont even start to outrun a Tiger. It would be
something like the same feeling the muscel car guy had when your Tiger blew
his car away and the driver ask what the he** you have in that thing at the
next stop light and what is a Sunbeam anyway?

 It is English, it is a V8 and it does go extremely fast. What is it? The
old answer might be a Sunbeam Tiger, the new one is , hopefuly a one of a
kind hybrid AH Sprite.

Merry Xmas to ALL on our list. May Santa be as good to you as he is to the
wonderful little boy next door and may your New year be prosperous. With
luck it will be 65 degress here in southern IL and snow on the beaches of
California. Dont hold your breath while waiting for the snow but if it gets
in the 60s here it might snow there. Merry Christmas Gentelman and Ladies,
it has been wonderful sharing the past year with each of you, I hope we
share many more. FunBeam Chuck, good luck with that Porche dream and we will
miss you. Come around to a United down the road one year, everyone will be
happy to hear your stories of travel and how much you miss your Tiger.Thanks
for all the great times and stories you have shared with us, we will miss
you. Cheers, Tony