speedo problems. Merry christmas to all!!

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: speedo problems. Merry christmas to all!!
From: "Joey Hiykel" <v8sunbeamtiger@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 11:16:32 -0600
before winter i was having problems with the speedo. it would only work
after about 45mph. then would go to 0 if i went slower than 25 and wouldnt
come back up unless i went over 45mph. This is a problem because we like to
run around town in it. which mean we go inbetween those. I changed the
speedo cable about 2 months ago. I suspected it was it, so i got another
from SS. just installed it last week. ANd since it was nice out and the
streets wernt salty cuz it rained, we went for a short drive. IT WAS SOO
MUCH FUN. i missed driving it b4. when we drove it, the speedo didnt work at
all. and i didnt check this time we drove, but right b4 we parked it for the
winter last time, the steel thing would turn when i unplugged it from behind
the speedo.

So does that mean the speedo needs rebuilt?? thats what would be my next
guess. Ohh and when we we going slower than 20 you know when the needle
dropped all the sudden to 0. Well from the point it dropped to the point we
stopped, there was this wierd noise in the speedo. kinda like the gears in
the tranny crunching or some sound like that but not at loud. So that makes
me think more that the speedo needs rebuilt.

if you guys think that, where could i get that done?

i do have another speedo downstairs. But its an alpine. I dont want to use
it, cuz then the miles will be wrong. I could use it to see that the speedo
cable works.

Please help me.

Merry christmas. Hope everyone is having a great time with their families!!