RE: Blocked blocks

To: <Rollright@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Blocked blocks
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 12:55:06 -0500
Jim
        Core sand and debris in the engine block is definitely one of the
causes.   I also believe the stock radiator is just adequate for a stock
engine, any stress put to the system like added horsepower pushes the system
to inadequate very quickly.

        There were a couple of large chunks of core material inside my 260
when I did a rebuild and it took some time to break them up and get them out
of the block.   I still had some over heating issues when I ran the Tiger
but after flushing the cooling system and block out until very little core
sand was coming out, my Tiger ran normal.

        Core sand will settle and collect in the radiator and the heater
core as it moves through the system.   I highly recommend that anyone with
overheating issues to flush and back flush the heater core and the radiator
until they are clear.

Ron Fraser