Re: Blocked blocks

To: <Drmoonstone@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Blocked blocks
From: "Tony Someone" <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 22:22:11 -0600
Dr M- You speak of using paint to cover the pores to keep sand from escaping
from within the pore. Thats a great idea. Ive also read that a certain type
paint used to cover the paths of the oil aids in helping with the oil
returning at a higher rate of speed to the sump. If one used the paint
reccomended to help oil the engine it would also help seal the pores from
any sand that was trapped during manufacture. I had never thought about any
being trapped but it does make sense and if the big boys building high
dollar stroker engines say to paint the oil returns and champer(sp) the oil
return holes, then it must be the correct approach, although I would have
thought that if the oil was maintained another couple onces per minute of
flow couldnt possibly make a difference in engine performance BUt who am I
to say, my opinions are never published. LOL. Cheers, TTT