RE: What's a LAT 9 wheel worth?

To: GRMTim@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: What's a LAT 9 wheel worth?
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:36:20 -0400
Really nice cars are still selling for under $30K USD, so the phenomenon
of even ratty examples being worth more on eBay as parts continues.

This is another example of an enthusiastic group of
collector/enthusiasts driving the price of restoration beyond the value
of the finished product.

I have personally experienced this with classic motorcycles ( Round-case
Ducatis - early post WW11 Harleys and Indians, for ex. )

The good news is that this is "usually" a sign that ratio of cars
available for parts stripping is falling behind the cars suitable for
restoration, which will eventually drive the price of the finished
product up in value.

Hopefully, some day in our lifetimes, the value of the completed Tiger
will exceed the sum of its parts on eBay.

Dave Munroe
382000480