Re: Registered in Alabama

To: CoolVT@aol.com, cburruss@hiwaay.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Registered in Alabama
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:26:36 -0500
Basically you sell your car to the title company (for their fee) and they go
get the appropriate paperwork (not an actual title). Then they sell the car
back to you by sending the paperwork (a Letter of Title Law from the State,
a Certificate of Registration and a Notarized Bill of Sale) then off you go
to your local DMV for your title...

Interestingly enough the paperwork that the title company will send you
generally doesn't have their name anywhere on it.

As a side note... motorcycles have their VINs on the gooseneck of the frame,
often custom frame builders will ask you to provide that so they can weld it
to the frame that they build for you. Then you will have a cycle with a
title and no hoops to jump through.

There are people out there selling just the neck and a title to build your
own motorcyle around it.

Paul