RE: Tires and Ozone

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Tires and Ozone
From: "Dan Cordray" <dcordray82@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:41:30 -0600
In the early 90s I visited the Michelin facility in Greenville, SC for a
discussion about earthmoving tires. Naturally, automotive tires were
discussed at lunch, coffee, etc. I recall several of the Michelin technical
persons who were participating in this meeting stating rather strongly that
the use of Armor All-type substances on tires or other rubber parts was
highly discouraged, and the stated reason was more-or-less as described in
the chemist's letter. That was 15-odd years ago and I don't know if the
recommendation remains the same today.

Dan