Update on Speedo problems.

To: tonythetiger@onecliq.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Update on Speedo problems.
From: "Joey Hiykel" <v8sunbeamtiger@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 23:01:37 -0600
well today was another warm day. And i worked on the tiger again. Since the
cable i was using before didnt work at all, i inspected the other used one
and put it in. But before i put it in, i jacked the rear wheels off and
started the car. And looked to see if the gear inside the tranny was
spinning. And yes it was. So i put the cable in and hooked it all up. Made
sure it was in there good. One thing i did notice, this cable seats in
farther than the other new one.

Then we went for a drive. Ahh well first 5 minutes the speedo didnt work. So
i thought ahh well i have no idea what it is. Then after the about 10
minutes the speedo starts to jump. I was very surprised. We were driving
around for about an hour and a half, and by the time we were done it was
working better, but stil very very jumpy. on the interstate we were doin
3000rpm. and the needle would go from 50-20-50-20 and around there. You get
the idea.

So i was going to try and put in a 16 tooth. Because right now our stock 15
is missing one tooth. And i called around to the parts stores like NAPA and
Advanced auto, and they didnt have anything. Not even a listing for it. NApa
dosnt even deal in manual trannys.

So does SS have a 16 tooth. I also need a lower radiator hose. It leaks
sometimes and then sometimes not.

thanks in advanced!! :-)