Re: Update on Speedo problems.

To: Joey Hiykel <v8sunbeamtiger@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Update on Speedo problems.
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:15:44 -0800
Joey,

 From your description I would concluded:

1) the speedo tranny helical gear is OK.
2) The 14 tooth speedo cable gear is O.K.
3) Only the old cable was the correct length.
4) The reason for the speedo wobble is probably the
     reason the cable was replaced, but with one of the
     wrong lengths.
5) I would go to a speedo shop and have them make a
     new speedo cable with heavy duty core of the same
      lengths currently used.
6) If the shop gives you notice that they don't do "foreign
     cars", they probably believe your speedo is standard
      English design.  It is NOT.  It is FORD US standards,
      and his stock cable ends are fine.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman