Re: Old Farts - Stand up and be counted!

To: atwittsend@verizon.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Old Farts - Stand up and be counted!
From: JHMEARSRN@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 04:47:16 EST
I purchased my Tiger April 3,1969 at age 28 (64 now) with 24,000 miles on it
for $1750. It
was registered as a '66 because that was the year first sold.  It now has
73,000 miles
on it and is registered as a '64.    When they started requiring cars 1966
and newer to
be smogged, I took some magazine articles, books, and the SS catalog down to
the
DMV office in the AAA building to corroborate my story that it was actually
produced
in 1964 and shouldn't need to be smogged. She quickly agreed with me and we
completed
title "correction" that changed it to a '64 and so was never smogged again.
    I bought it from the second owner, an RN at the local hospital.  He had
purchased it
from the original owner, a speech professor at Modesto Jr. College.  The RN's
wife was
newly pregnant so he felt they should sell the tiger and get a station wagon.
 Its funny
how many people in those days got rid of their sports cars when babies
started coming
and now 37 years later I'm still very glad he made that decision...........

John Mears
B9471072