Acceleration

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Acceleration
From: "Andrew Tindall" <thetindalls@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 21:13:26 +1030
Driving home tonight I saw a street rod with (unsure of the correct word) anti
wheelstand rods with wheels attached, protruding from its rear.
This led me to ponder the question as to what are the forces /  requirements
involved in getting a vehicle to lift its front wheels accelerating from a
standing start. I guess buckets loads of horsepower and short whhel base are
factors.
In the book Performance Tuning Sunbeam Tiger page 127 a Tiger is shown under
acceleration on the drag strip with its front up a little but front wheels
firmly on the tarmac.
Andrew
9473052