White Post restorations

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: White Post restorations
From: "Bill Lawrence" <billlawrence@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 19:59:47 +0000
Anyone have experience with White Post Restorations in Virginia rebuilding
vacuum boosters?

I had Billy at White Post rebuild my Tiger's clutch master and slave
cylinders a few years ago.  Very expensive.  I shipped them the originals
and recieved a different m/c.  The thread on the line port was different on
the new m/c so I had to pack up the hydraulic line and wrong m/c and return
them to White Post.  They finally sent the proper m/c.  When it was time to
install, I discoverd one of the slave mounting ears still in shrink wrap was
shattered.  I decided to forgo any further dealings with them at that time
and facilitated my own repair on that misstake.  I am sure I would have
eventually received a new cylinder if I had returned it for inspection.

Fast forward to three weeks ago.  The clutch failed at a stop light.  Had to
stop and start the tiger in gear to limp on home.  I decided to ship the
master back to Billy with an explanation of the failure and I quickly
received a proper replacement with an explanation (broken internal spring )
and a quick "sorry" on the invoice. No charge. I suppose this is one of
those experiences you would expect with a 40 year old car, but I am not sure
if I would use this particular company for this type of restoration work
when there may be others who specialize in hydraulic systems.

Bill Lawrence
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
1965 Sunbeam Tiger
B9473246LRX