New wiring harness phenomena

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: New wiring harness phenomena
From: <gharlowe@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 10:52:59 -0400
Listers -

I'm starting to do some preliminary system checks after a ground-up
refurbishment (electrical connections, leak checks for fuel, coolant,
oil, hydraulics).  The wiring harness has been replaced.  I did a "smoke
check" yesterday by hooking up the battery for the first time.  No smoke
or blown fuses, but not complete success either.  The headlamps,
tail/license plate lamps, high beams, and panel lights all work, as does
the starter and fuel pump.  (The horn creaks at best.)  But no 2-speed
blower, wipers or turn signals (no clicking flasher).  Obviously, work
remains in the "green circuit", although things seem connected correctly
in accordance with the wiring diagram.   Most troubling, the generator
turns under battery power when connected as I think it's supposed to be.
Some caveats:  I still need to connect or install a few electrical
components including:  distributor, coil, front turn signals (mine are
pretty far gone, and Rick is out of stock), and that all-important
engine-chassis ground strap.   Regarding the ground strap, can someone
remind me where that attaches?  Any other recommendations where to point
the voltmeter?

Thanks as always,

Graham Harlowe
B382001466