RE: Warning on Fulcrum pins

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <DJoh797014@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Warning on Fulcrum pins
From: "Robin Young" <robin02@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:36:01 -0400
I asked before on a good source for an improved pin.  So  group, what is the

best that is available right now?
Mark L.

Mark, John Logan's fix is pretty easy to do and it does not require a
special pin.  It just reinforces the pin outside of the load points so that
it will hold up to shear forces without bending. I believe it is correct to
say most of the pins fail in reverse gear with the steering full in either
direction. Then the failed pins break under normal driving. Both sides of
may car had bent pins when I bought it and before Logan's fix was used.
Robin Young