Re: Pulley Measurements...

To: SLaifman@socal.rr.com
Subject: Re: Pulley Measurements...
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:08:24 -0400
Thanks Steve.
I see the printed Workshop Manual is wrong with the hub to the pump housing
measurement.

Tigers United to the rescue!

That caused me some concern, because I bought the Edelbrock 8842 water pump
and suddenly my pulleys weren't in alignment, so now I need to see about
having the pump hub pressed back closer to the housing.

I thought a couple people on this mailing list bought this same Edelbrock
pump, but nobody ever mentioned whether it was a straight bolt-on or some
tweaking was needed.

The Edelbrock pump measures in at 5.15" and my Sunbeam Specialties pump
measures in at 4.875" for the hub to housing measurement.

Thanks again,
Paul