FW: Pentastar dates and badging

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Pentastar dates and badging
From: "Bruce" <brichards@fineeyes.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:51:14 -0500
I wouldn't think they would use the pentastar until they had controlling
interest in 67, I had always heard before that they didn't take over till 67
and thus the pentastars, I could be wrong but that has been my impression.

This is from an imp site http://www.imps4ever.info/marques/rootes.html

Chrysler wanted a foothold in the UK, like Ford and GM had done already. In
1964 Chrysler bought a proportion of Rootes' voting and non-voting shares.
(An interest of 30% ?)

Rootes 1967 losses tripled with regard to 1966. In 1966 they had doubled. In
1965, '66 and '67 Rootes lost 16 million pounds. The UK government (under
Wilson) saw no other solution than to give the Rootes group in American
hands.

Reginald (Reggie) Rootes retired in 1967. William's son Geoffrey took over a
chairman - and promptly handed over the keys to Chrysler.

Chrysler's star
In 1967 Chrysler acquired a majority of the Rootes shares and took over the
company. In the 1950s Chrysler had begun absorbing other companies in and
out of the automotive industry. In 1966-67 it acquired control of Simca in
France, Rootes Motors Ltd. in Britain, and Barreiros Diesel in Spain --
which were renamed Chrysler France, Chrysler United Kingdom, and Chrysler
Espaqa. (In 1979 these were sold to P.S.A. Peugeot-Citrokn in exchange for
minority shares in Peugeot-Citrokn.)