RE: Allison Ignition

To: "'tonbren'" <tonbren@chariot.net.au>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Allison Ignition
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 13:32:45 -0400
Tony
        I have the instructions for an old Allison Opto-Electric Ignition
system but there is no Purple wire; just red and black going to the coil
with the case screws as ground.   You must have a newer unit.

        A Google search indicates that Allison is now Crane.   You might
want to email Crane to see if they have a wire diagram for your model.  I
took a quick look on their web site and I only saw red, yellow and black
wires.   Red and yellow wires go to the coil, black wire is ground.

Generally;
Black wire is ground
Red wire goes to + side of coil, which leaves your purple wire going to the
- side of the coil; but that is just my guess.  I would contact Crane first.

Personally, I would remove the Allison unit and install a Pertronix set up.

Ron Fraser