Re: Collectible Econo Cars

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Collectible Econo Cars
From: RMEbstein@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 14:35:33 EDT
The August 2006 of Keith Martin's Sports Car Market Magazine has an article
on fuel efficient collectible cars. It asks the question about whether we're
(the reader) feeling guilty about fueling our big block Corvette (how did he
know I have one?) or muscle car habit.

It appears that the criteria was 20 MPG+ and the car has to be collectible.
First picture of the first page of the article? The 1964-1967 Sunbeam  Tiger.

"...the Tiger will provide most of the juvenile-delinquent (does he know  the
average age of the list members?), wheel-spinning thrills of a muscle car in
a smaller, more efficient package." The author compares the Tiger to a '64
Pontiac GTO and states that while the Tiger is 0.9 slower in a 1/4 mile and 4
MPH slower in the top end, the Tiger returned 20 MPG versus the Goat's 13 MPG.
 Of course, the article says that the difference is weight.

Other cars winners in this category are: 1972-1974 BMW 2002 tii, 1959-1964
Daimler SP250 "Dart", 1974 Lotus Europa Special TC and the 1956-1958  Porsche
356A Super Speedster. A few of the honorable mention are: Porsche 914  2.0,
Fiat Spider 2000, Lotus Elan, Datsun 240Z, Porsche 944, Porsche 911 2.7,  Chevy
Corvair Corsa, Alfa Romeo 2000 GTV, Alfa Romeo Duetto Spider and finally  the
Jensen Healy.

Rodney