Help ! Flooded garage / rear end

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Help ! Flooded garage / rear end
From: Rollright@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 17:06:54 EDT
Hello,

My garage got flooded to six inches over the door's lower line.

Fuel pump (SU) pack up and was duly changed. Next problem was a sort of
graunch (discreet) from rear diff. Took it to the local shop to change out the
fluid and it was "milky".
Also changed trans. and engine oil (both OK).

Seems I need the outer bearings and seals. Is there a cross from the parts
manual numbers to something available on line (checked Tiger's United but no,
it  seems)

Anybody got any thoughts? Yeah, I know, find higher ground. Remember my
garage is under my house.............

All hail Mayf's brave and valiant effort with the W.F.S.W.

Jim  Armstrong
rollright@aol.com
Mk1A  #382002083