Flywheel/Ring Gear dilemma

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Flywheel/Ring Gear dilemma
From: Tim Webster <crabco@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 13:19:29 -0700
Listers,

I am having great difficulty locating an appropriate flywheel and ring gear
for my Mark 1. This is a stock 260 with Toploader.

I have the original Ford part numbers but have been unable to correlate them
to anything on the market today. I've read that a 160 tooth gear is correct
and a flywheel weight of +/- 40 lbs. works best. I have also read
contradictory things, adding to the confusion.

Lordco has been fruitless as has Hays.

Is rhere a person on the list who has some sage advice on which way to turn in
this matter?

Regards,

Tim Webster