Re: brake switch

To: TIGEROOTES@aol.com, atwittsend@verizon.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: brake switch
From: PhastPhill@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 22:29:33 EDT
well I started this thread and it had zippo to do with silicon fluid or
"wet" switches verses mech ones. My car has had silicon fluid for years since
the
P.O. did a brake job. I was just looking for a screw in replacement,
hopefully one I could get from a britsh car supplier. Lucas supplied all  the
industry and I reckoned they would not make different switches for  every manu
facturer. Surprised me when I got one with NPT 27 thread instead of  fine
thread.
That was for an MGB and other suppliers had said it was the same  switch.
Anyway
it's been fun to watch it roam around. I have no problem with  "wet" switches
as have used the for years on off road bikes where mech ones just  get full of
crud, water and mud and fail. And Im positive the silicon has  nothing to do
with it. Iwas more interested in the thread issue, anyway i  cut new threads
on the new switch and all seems  good.....cheers