Re: brake switch

To: <TIGEROOTES@aol.com>, <atwittsend@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: brake switch
From: "Ross Hulse" <phulse@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 22:20:30 -0700
Jim,
That is a handy lucas option, I have had occasion to pull the key on the
freeway so the passenger could get into the center console.  I thought this
was a Lucas design feature now you tell me it's not?
Philip "Commodore Blues" Hulse   Pacific Tiger Club   Portland

  Tom, et al:

         Yes, our original Lucas brake light switches contacts are "wet" ...
  so, let's all start a new thread about the "Lousy Lucas Electrics" and how
the
  Lucas engineers did not anticipate synthetic brake fluid, 50 years before it
  existed.

         However ... on another note, I just had a personal Lucas part fail!
  Is anyone surprised?  Probably not.  The ignition switch in my 1957 Minx 1
has
  decided to allow my key to fall out.  What a piece of garbage!  It only
lasted
  49 years and hundreds of thousands of miles/use.  Lousy, damned cheap Lucas
  junk!   I think NOT!

  Jim Leach    Pacific Tiger Club     Seattle