Re: Carburetor spacer/blanking plate

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carburetor spacer/blanking plate
From: Tim Webster <crabco@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 13:40:35 -0700
Steve et al.,

Thanks very much for taking the time to help me on the carb spacer issue.

I was talking to a fellow who lives here in Victoria last night and has a
Mark 2. He pointed out a couple of things that makes sense.

Firstly, I am going to be running a stock 260 with zero modifications which
means I will be creating less heat than lots of Tigers that have been
powered up to varying degrees.

Second and speaking of degrees I need to remember about where I live which
is way further north than where most Tigers reside. We have a temperate but
cool climate here in B.C. so overheating is not such a problem. I also
intend to use a proper fan with a shroud.

His suggestion was to install the F4B with no spacer and see what happens.
Worst case scenario the carb comes off and a thin  (1/4"-5/16"?) stainless
spacer be added. Hood clearance should be okay and a decent heat sink will
have been incorporated. The PCV hose will be routed direct to the manifold.

Like my friend said, "if it ain't broke..."

If none of the above works I will revert to the various comments I received.

Thanks to all.

Regards,

Tim