RE: interiors

To: "'Peter Laurinaitis'" <laurin212@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: interiors
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 16:38:49 -0400
Peter
        Martha Wheat

Pro-Prep Interiors
209 Nadine Ct..
Incline Village, NV 89451
(702) 833-2424
(Interiors for Alpine and Tigers, Kits or Installed)

        You could send your seats to her to be done or you could farm it out
to an upholstery shop in your neighborhood.

1st you need to know which seat style you have; there are at least 3
variants
See Sunbeam Spares section on upholstery
http://www.rootes.com/catalogindex.html

2nd you need to determine if you need new foam for the seats

3rd you need to contact Martha or an upholstery shop so you can ask them how
much of the work you want done they can accomplish for you and the time
frame for the work.

I also suggest you look carefully at all the hardware at the seat hinge
points.   Some of there fasteners are very hard to remove after all these
years and some of the parts could be worn.  I don't know if any of these
parts are available; a question to ask.

        Working on the seats is not too bad of a job.   I have been going
through mine.   I just have not had the time to complete them the way I want
them and document the process.   There is a great web page by Joe Parlanti,
if your interested in seeing the process of upholstering the seats.
http://www.corsapartners.com/jvp/tiger/seat_restoration.htm

Hope this helped you

Ron Fraser